Monday 19 November 2007

Mac OS X Odissey

Well, it is quite a long time without posting anything here. Today I decided to post something about my weekend. Except a trip to Bedford to buy stuff in Primark, and finishing an article to an important conference in the US, I dedicated my time to try to install the new MAC OS X in my HP laptop. Because of this I call this post Mac OS X Odissey.

The basic idea is that MAC OS X is designed to run just on Apple computers, but since they use an Intel Microprocessor, it is perfectly viable to use it in any new computer that has an Intel like microprocessor.

I have`t being able to boot my machine yet running MAC OS X, but I found very interesting ideas on how to build your own Hackintoh:

http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack/build-a-hackintosh-mac-for-under-800-321913.php

This is the basic post. From there you can follow links and grab all the information.

Disclaimer: Although illegal to use MAC OS X in a generic PC, it is a very nice DIY project for computer scientists like me :)

No comments: