Thursday 22 November 2007

Hackintosh Odissey

Well, now I can state that I have a fully functioning hackintosh :) I finished installing my HP laptop with MacOS 2 days ago. It works very well, eve faster than a macbook I bought 3 months ago for a friend in Brazil.

Lessons learned :

  • EFI is something really important, and there is no reason for us to stick in BIOS except that Microsoft does not support nativeEFI .
  • Don expect to make your hackintosh work 100%, because device drivers are still a pain.
  • Although I liked a lot I will be uninstalling it soon, because my wifi wave not worked, the microphone and the power management also.
I will post later some pictures of my HP Laptop running MacOS X

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi I have a compaq presario 2200 notebook (c.2005). I am getting an CoreRaidServer[43]16387 not responding error. Did you have this problem? How did you solve it?? thanks!!

Jean E. Martina said...

It has been a long time ago. I don't remember details, except I had to try 3 or 4 different CD to be able to boot it correctly. After that i had problem with the wifi and overheating.