Tuesday 6 November 2007

Getting Used

Well, today I was about to go to sleep and then I remebered that I forgot something. It was my day blogpost, for the happiness of my readers :)

Today there is no basic story, except that I now almost gave up in changing my car for a newer one. I took it to a mechanic that said that there is a way to sort out the problems (without spending more than I payed the car). Actually it will gonna be cheaper than I expected.

After some googling (and now froogling), I found a way to change both front tyres for less than £60,00 (fitted), which people asked me no less than £135 to do in the normal way. The trick is to buy the tyres you want on the website (www.mytyres.co.uk, or search in www.froogle.co.uk), send the tyres to a local fitter, and then take your car there. The tyres costed £18 and the fitting £11,50 each. I bought the tyres, now I need to take the car there next week. My odissey with the car continues, since I will have to find the cheappest way to make an oilchange in the next 600 miles.

Another thing I realised today is that I already have a solution that people is looking for. While listening to the TWIT (a podcast called this week in tech), I realised that they were looking for my hacked Xbox. They asked for something able to play any kind of media, and that was able to play on-line content such as youtube. I wrote them and e-mail to include Xbox Media Center in teh next edition of TWIT, lets see...

1 comment:

renata said...

hummmm....I am tending to buy a Xbox to complete Filipe's collection (Wii, Playstation, DS, ...)
Would you help me ?