Thursday 15 May 2008

How to delete Access point in the Nokia S60 3rd Series (n93, e61, etc)

If you have the problem that you mobile just tells your out of memory when trying to delete the Access Points configuration, execute the following procedure:

1. go into the built-in mail application (hit the letter icon on the keyboard)
2. get into the mail settings (Options --> E-mail Settings --> Connection Settings)
3. Then select "Incoming e-mail" or "Outgoing e-mail" doesn't really matter which one.
4. Then scroll down to the "Access point to use" field and select that
5. Select "User defined"
6. Then you have all of your wifi access points listed here, you can, add more, edit existing ones, or delete them. If you want to be able to get to the access point settings via the traditional method, rather than the method listed above, then you need to remove some access points. I don't know how many, but I slimmed my access points down to 18 and I can now get into the access points settings without getting the "out of memory..." error.

4 comments:

Alex said...

You're a star! My Nokia E65 have the same problem. Your solution worked like a charm :)

Mike said...

Work's too if you already replace your build-in mail client by the windows live mail client

Anonymous said...

Thanks, as of today i still found your solution useful. My E65 loves you!

Anonymous said...

My mobile nokia e51 i do the same but it shows only all access point stored in my mobile to chonse among them i cant del edit any one of them please give advice thanks in advance.