Sunday 18 May 2008

How I (apparently) solved my Macbook wifi problem

Well, going on my mac odyssey, I decide to go for extreme things to solve what apple didn' t. After some research (again, I spent more 5 hours in this), I realised that most people complain of this after Mac OS updates, so I took the DVDs that cam with my Crapbook, and formatted it. I started from scratch to see what was going on

Well apparently the problem solved, but I am now afraid of applying any update that comes from Apple. The Other thing I also realised is that you should never save your wifi connection data in the airport configuration. The best thing is to type every time the password to join the network. It is working on 9 of 10 time I connect now.

The problem I had was basically the macbook dropping more that 60% of the packets when pinging my wifi router on a distance of 30cm.

No comments: