Monday 15 June 2009

Watching international TV on your Xbox/not 360

This post is to celebrate my success into putting Justin.tv completely working on my Xbox. In fact I'm not using a plain Xbox, but a modified version using Xbox media Center.

Since May 2009, the Xbox media Center SVN version supports playing generic flash videos, and with that a lot of nice websites.

I want to draw attention to the fact that Justin.tv broadcast as lot of live channels from a lot of different countries and gives a very nice opportunity for those who live abroad. For example, yesterday night I was watching the most hated TV show in Brazilian Sunday afternoon live from my coach in Cambridge.

All this support is a straightforward. Once you have Xbox media Center installed on your Xbox you just need to install a plug-in. This is done with a couple of clicks using your remote or Xbox controller.

No comments: